[Bf-committers] Submitted patch to add cap ends setting for cylinders

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 19 01:29:49 CEST 2009

Hi Howard,

--- On Sun, 10/18/09, Howard Brooks <hbroo2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My name is Howard Brooks.  By way of introduction,
> I've been a Blender user
> for a about 2 years, a programmer (business applications)
> for 15.  Working
> with Blender has been a very part time hobby for me, but I
> love the idea of
> open source and Blender in particular.  2.5 looks very
> cool and I am very
> excited about Durian.

Great, it's always nice to see new people having a go at the code.

I think it's safe to say that every is very excited about Durian :)

> Anyway, I probably don't have a lot of free time to help,
> but I recently
> started building from source and figured I would try to
> help in whatever
> small ways I can.   I just added the
> following patch to the patch tracker
> for adding back the setting for capping the ends of new
> cylinders (from the
> 2.5 todo list).  I've only been poking around in
> Blender source for a few
> days so it's possible (likely?) I've missed something big
> -- it seemed a bit
> too easy. :)

Thanks a lot for the patch, I've just applied and committed it to trunk.

> P.s. I am new to open source collaboration so I hope I am
> not violating
> protocols by mailing this list -- I don't want to make your
> jobs harder!
>  The "submitting a patch" section of blender.org suggested
> mailing this list
> for new patches.

That was all very fine. You can also "announce" your patch on irc (irc.freenode.net #blendercoders) and see if anyone there wants to have a look at it. Here or there, either is fine.

> Thanks everyone!

Thank you

Martin