[Bf-committers] Submitted patch to add cap ends setting for cylinders

Howard Brooks hbroo2008 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 23:42:56 CEST 2009

Hello bf-committers,
My name is Howard Brooks.  By way of introduction, I've been a Blender user
for a about 2 years, a programmer (business applications) for 15.  Working
with Blender has been a very part time hobby for me, but I love the idea of
open source and Blender in particular.  2.5 looks very cool and I am very
excited about Durian.

Anyway, I probably don't have a lot of free time to help, but I recently
started building from source and figured I would try to help in whatever
small ways I can.   I just added the following patch to the patch tracker
for adding back the setting for capping the ends of new cylinders (from the
2.5 todo list).  I've only been poking around in Blender source for a few
days so it's possible (likely?) I've missed something big -- it seemed a bit
too easy. :)

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19680&group_id=9&atid=127

I hope it helps.

Howard

P.s. I am new to open source collaboration so I hope I am not violating
protocols by mailing this list -- I don't want to make your jobs harder!
 The "submitting a patch" section of blender.org suggested mailing this list
for new patches.  Thanks everyone!