[Bf-committers] GPL exception license for Blender Player.

Sinan Hassani [email redacted]
Sun Oct 18 22:26:34 CEST 2009

No, I don't want the code to be closed in any way. It's just that with
the way it is now, GPL is not compatible with PS3/Xbox/Wii or any other
similar console development. Which means the BGE can never be ported to
these platforms without breaking the GPL license.

My method still enforces the code to be shared or made available upon
distribution.

Does anyone have an idea on how to port BGE to consoles with the current
license? What is the BGE future in that respect.

I ask because some original BGE developers are putting effort into
external players with (MIT/zlib) licenses when they could just use the
development effort to develop for the BGE.

Sinan