[Bf-committers] Blender Conference: streaming capture...

Markus Schulz schulz at alpharesearch.de
Sun Oct 18 17:55:50 CEST 2009

Hello,

I just followed a conference live on www.ustream.tv - I only used it as
a viewer and it is really good you can of course see the picture and you
hear the audio just like in youtube, but I really like the chat window
that is available to everybody and was used for questions from the
Internet audience.
>From what I can see on the ustream page it is free and can handle some
thousand viewers.
Just make sure the microphone from the speaker is also connected to the
stream so you don't have an echo.
After the show is over it is available on ustream web page to be viewed
again. So you don't need to copy anything to any other place...
I know ustream works with Ubuntu, I'm sure it also works with Windows,
but didn't test this yet.

Regards,
Markus Schulz