[Bf-committers] python31_d.dll with MSVC 8

Emmanuel Stone emmanuel.stone at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 07:25:08 CEST 2009

Hello,

I think this is probably for the attention of jesterKing.

Using MSVC 8 (Pro 2005) I get a failure during launch with python31_d.dll:
LDR: LdrpWalkImportDescriptor() failed to probe
c:\blender\nurbs25build4\bin\debug\python31_d.dll for its manifest,
ntstatus 0xc0150002

I believe this is something to do with manifests in .dlls on different
versions of MSVC, but the intertubes are sparse on info so I can't be
sure.

Rebuilding Python31 from scratch with MSVC 8 and dropping in the
resulting python31_d.dll seems to solve the problem (so I'm happy for
now, but in case someone else encounters the problem I thought it
would be good to report it).

-Emmanuel