[Bf-committers] scons (py 2.5) + mingw + another problem (solved)

Nathan Letwory jesterking at letwory.net
Wed Oct 7 12:05:20 CEST 2009

Joshua Leung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Compiling the latest svn, I get the following errors in the console:
>
> Trying to remove existing py bundle.
[[snip]]
> AttributeError: ZipFile instance has no attribute 'extractall'
> scons: building terminated because of errors.
>
> Is there any compatibility patch which can be made here to get it compiling
> again, or will I finally have to upgrade py again?

Perhaps a bit late in response, but b333rt provided a patch that allows
one to build with py2.5 again.

In other news, at the other machine where I have py2.6.1 I got the error
message:

scons: *** [D:\priv\build\win32-vc\bin\blender.exe]
..\install\win32-vc\.blender\python\lib\ctypes\macholib: No such file or
directory

This solved itself by upgrading py2.6.1 to py2.6.3 - as to why this
exactly happens I don't know, and I'd prefer to not to go too deep into
it. Upgrading py2.6 to latest bugfix release works.

/Nathan

--

Nathan Letwory

http://www.planetblender.org | http://www.blender-fi.org