[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: > /data/svn/bf-blender [24964] trunk/blender/source/blender/ > editors/object/object_transform.c: Rename 'Object Center' to > 'Centroid'.

William Reynish billrey at me.com
Sun Nov 29 17:41:51 CET 2009

Hi,

One issue we might easily run into using the word 'pivot' is while setting the pivot for transformation. You would then have a sentence in a tutorial like: 'choose the pivot as the pivot'. This is obviously bad :)

Of course you could explain it like 'choose the object's own pivot as the transformation pivot' but then you already made the user confused, compared to the simpler 'use the object's origin as the pivot' where you aren't mixing definitions.

I've seen that some apps distinguish between the two by using 'pivot' and 'Pivot' (with a capital P), but that's IMO not a good solution either, as the word may be at the start of a sentence and would not be distinguishable.

Cheers,

-W