[Bf-committers] [24935] trunk/blender/source/blender/ editors: First changes to implement the 2.5 snapping proposal ( discussed back in May and recently on IRC).

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 19:31:35 CET 2009

Hi,

--- On Fri, 11/27/09, GSR <gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com> wrote:

> Let's forget Blender is a not a game nor other of the
> multiple devices
> with keys and buttons but a computer tool...

Lets forget sarcasm for a moment, it doesn't lead anywhere useful.

> do those games use
> modifier keys as "normal keys" or as "modifier and normal
> keys"?

Both, thanks for asking.

> Seriously, what goes with adding things out of the blue
> that nobody
> else does, and at the same time replacing long standing
> Blender
> methods just because others do not use them... sorry, it is
> hard to
> follow which logic applies to future UI. Are all on going
> behaviours
> experiments? Just add and later clean up inconsistencies,
> useless
> extra clicks, etc? Last doc I know about this topic was one
> by Jean Luc.

The hotkey itself (ctrl tap) is sort of an experiment, it might not even be in the final release (after sensible discussions with others).

The UI part and workflow changes are a result of long discussions with users and members of the UI team.

It's not just change for the sake of itself, that is a baseless accusation.

Now, to go back on the constructive side, the proposal is online, people should comment (and have done so already) if they agree or disagree with anything: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Theeth/Snapping

Martin