[Bf-committers] Use named components for Drivers instead of array_index

Elia Sarti vekoon at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 19:47:50 CET 2009

Hi, I added a patch to the tracker: #20037
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=20037&group_id=9&atid=498

 From the description:

Currently drivers variables need an RNA path + array_index information
to obtain the final value. Although I believe this will have nicer
interface in the future I think removing the need to specify the Array
Index value would already be user-friendly enough for common users.

I'm attaching a patch that simply adds the possibility to specify the
final array component of the RNA path in the path itself, e.g. using
location[0] or location["x"] or even location.x (the most user-friendly
I guess). It probably needs some polishing (i.e. does not remove
occurrences of array_index from the driver target structure) but works
already.