[Bf-committers] GPU computing

Charles Wardlaw cwardlaw at marchentertainment.com
Wed Nov 25 04:01:15 CET 2009

> I think it makes sense to start with something small, but CPU
> intensive. I guess the most suitable candidate right now is
> subdivision. What about point clouds?

I think point cloud stuff would be wonderful but since there's nothing in Blender that could use them at the moment, and you'd have to create a data structure to store them as well as a structure for the files on disc, that might be a feature best left until later.

That is, unless you're feeling ambitious. ^_^;

Btw, let me know if you create a proper SVN fork and I can try to help with Mac compiling, Snow Leopard only.
~ C