[Bf-committers] IRC meeting minutes, 22 nov 2009

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 20:52:40 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 6:55 PM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 1) test build todos
>
> - Special request from user: put back "emulate numpad" option.
>   (Suprise at end of meeting, Brecht committed it!)
>
> - Blender game player: is being patched with a 'stubs' C file, to solve
> all unresolved symbols because RNA API is using Editor and
> Windowmanager code. Needs solid solution. For after release.
>
> - Meeting discussed open bugs. No showstoppers, but still enough work!
>
> - Note: Campbell proposes to improve Python UI API names, they
> currently use too much of legacy C code conventions.
>
> - First test build name: 2.5 alpha 0.
>   After long debate! But there's a wide consensis to call it alpha,
> which is important too. :)
>   Technically the release code is 2.50, next will be 2.51, hence the
> '0' or '1' behind the names.
>
> - Builds are made by:
>   Windows 32 and 64 bits: Nathan Letwory
>   Linux 32 and 64 bits: Ken Hughes
>   OS X 10.5 PPC 32 bits: Jan Devera (devroo):
>   OS X 10.5 Intel 32 and 64 bits: Jens Verwiebe
>
> - Pending todos:
>   - Splash code (Campbell tries, Matt monday if needed)
>   - Splash design: A durian gfx is underway, will be last commit as
> usual
>   - Matt finished release notes
>
> 2) Other projects
>
> - Brecht will commit tomorrow a new multires system, dumping levels as
> external files to the disk, freeing up a lot of memory. (And yes, bmesh
> future proof!).
>

> -Ton-

I have done a lot of thinking about this alpha beta thing and feel
that if it is not feature complete VS 2.49, then it must be alpha and
not beta.  It seemed that you were going to go with beta0 and I was
not going to say anything because I am nothing but a tester but I
TOTALLY cheer you decision to go with alpha!! I can't wait to start
testing more.

I would love to hear more about the 2 sides of the debate and why you
chose alpha.

I have not done much test these last few weeks due to a lack of
texture baking that I need for my projects. I really can't wait to see
what Blender turns into in the next 2 years do to your great rewrite.

Thanks for making this wonderful program!

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?