[Bf-committers] Svn Rev 24718 BLI_bfile.c error

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Sat Nov 21 15:31:48 CET 2009

On 11/21/2009 04:19 PM, Nathan Letwory wrote:
> 2009/11/21 Dave Plater <dplater at webafrica.org.za>:
>
>> Hi, building blender svn on opensuse build service fails due to the
>> following error :-
>> source/blender/blenlib/intern/BLI_bfile.c:250: warning: passing argument
>> 2 of 'BLI_setenv_if_new' from incompatible pointer type
>>
> I doubt this is the error that makes the build fail, since this is
> "just" a warning. If every warning tripped the build, you'd be fixing
> Blender source for a loooong time.
>

>> but I noticed that #include <libgen.h> existed at the top of the file
>> conditional to a non win32 build and was commented out.
>> libgen.h is needed for "dirname" used at BLI_bfile.c:250
>>
> This probably is the real error, but I think the right fix is then to
> make the fix with the #ifdef.
>
> /Nathan

The post install check refers to it as a 64 bit portability error and
fails the build. Although it's only a warning it's not allowed by the
build service. The patch fixes the build, I was just wondering why the
top of source/blender/blenlib/intern/BLI_bfile.c contained the lines :-
#ifndef WIN32
 #include <unistd.h>
 #include <sys/param.h>
// #include <libgen.h>