[Bf-committers] meetings for new developers

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Fri Nov 20 20:33:38 CET 2009

Hi all :)

  I really like the idea about meettings for new devs, though I feel some
envy because anything that smell to live, chat, internet is science
fiction to me :) and that brings me the question about a strong offline
support:

   What about a good offline reference, tutorials, even a book (ok, a
downloadable pdf) something like a Blender Beginers Developer´s Guide?

  Is there a plan for it in the future?
  Investing resources in documentation is by no means a waste, and often
something understimated in the open source world. Hey, a beautifull help
documentation (for users and developers) is the best marketting resource
of a software.  The main drawback of a highly dynamic program like
Blender is that the software evolve much faster than its documentation
or the features/code/UI change a lot making learning materials rapidly
obsolete but I guess it represent a defy full of oportunities and not a
source of problems.
 If someone want to make a very special contribution to Blender and is not
a developer I think this could be a good project, he even could
specilized on Blender official documentation from now on.