[Bf-committers] EXR Link error?

jonathan d p ferguson jdpf.plus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 22:23:22 CET 2009

hi.

On Nov 19, 2009, at 4:11 PM, Galen Beals wrote:

> I've been unable to make a build of blender recently. Ever since I
> started testing out my own builds of Raman (open source node
> compositor) I have been getting this same error when compiling Blender
> 2.5 on OSX using Scons:

This is a linker error. It is finding OpenEXR in /usr/local
automatically. This path is searched automatically with Scons as a
feature. It is likely that the version of OpenEXR in /usr/local
differs from what blender expects or some-such.

> I did update a bunch or dependencies in order to build Ramen and EXR
> was one of them. But, that one was in /usr/local. As far as I was
> aware, Blender should be using the one in Blender's "LIBDIR" right?

Scons looks in /usr/local/ automagically. Check the Scons
documentation to find out the PATHs included by default.

If you plan to distribute your build, be sure to use otool -L on the
blender binary to see what your resulting binary includes. You may
also need to manually tweak the link-line to include the OpenEXR
libraries as static links.

You may wish to try another of the build paths to see if you can
reproduce the problem.

have a day.yad
jdpf