[Bf-committers] Actuall usability of some tools and new features

Damir Prebeg damir_prebeg at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 17:51:19 CET 2009

Thanks for your reply William. I'm Blender user from 2005 and there's a lot of things in that old UI that bothered me. But I think that making new mistakes can't fix old problems. Here is some more explanations:

1st. issue: Select cube and click on that translate button. How far can you move cube to the left side of 3D View? Same with Scale button, how much can you scale up that object?

2cond. issue: I see now and I really like Jon Sandström proposal, it gives more sense to this new vertical layout.

3rd. issue: I didn't finished my "complaint" about those scroll bars. Scaling of them should be done with use of some modifier key (like CTRL) not just by clicking and dragging of that gray dot. Why? In the Timeline click on the right gray dot on the scroll bar and drag it to the left side until a whole bar turns in to a circle. Now try to drag that same dot to the right.

4th. issue: This one is almost solved with Jon Sandström proposal. Only thing that I still want to see is same kind of discrete border around panel.

5th. issue: As I see there's already an initiative to use CTRL+F for Search. Thumbs up for that. Only thing I would add is to change how search dialog is actually working. Instead of hiding of all unmatched items, they should be just sorted. Best matching item (or last used if applicable, otherwise none) should be selected by default. Mouse wheel globally in menus shouldn't be used for item selection but just for scrolling of menu(list) content.

Best regards

Damir