[Bf-committers] meetings for new developers

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:28:04 CET 2009

* Not interested in streaming video, a pain to setup and not necessary
for technical discussion.

* Web interface to IRC (suggested by Bob) would be good, Ton suggested
graphicall could run a web portal to blender IRC rooms.

* For myself, when in Au, after the meeting is very impracticable
(would mean staying up until 3-5am, guessing this goes for Matt Ebb
also).
 If its after the meeting I could not agree to help organize this.
Though if someone else wants to help with this, its fine with me too.

Carsten, what your suggesting is useful but more as a teaching tool
but I was planning more a developer Q&A, helping people in more
general terms rather then giving lessons.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Carsten Wartmann <cw at blenderbuch.de> wrote:
> Knapp schrieb:
>> refresh instead of a camera. Then we could teach by giving the student
>> URL and they could watch our desktop with blender live. This might
>> work well for teaching new devs too. A picture is worth a 1000 words
>> and a live movie??
>
> Streaming Blender session over internet seems quite optimistic to me. It
> is already hard to get a nice fluid movement on DVD (in a decent
> resolution).
>
> And for code I think pastebin etc. might be much better.
>
> Carsten
>
> --
> Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
> Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/
> Das Blender-Buch: http://blenderbuch.de/redirect.html

- Campbell