[Bf-committers] Camera mapping revisited -- solution in patch tracker

Roland Hess rolandh at reed-witting.com
Wed Nov 18 20:57:06 CET 2009

New UV Unwrap op: "Project from Camera." Should satisfy the concerns of
Brecht and Matt.

It's a complete rework of the original, featuring an absolute
abandonment of the code for Stickies, which delved into the renderer to
generate its coordinates. Shriek.

I've tested it throughout the entire range of camera lens values,
negatively scaled meshes, camera inside mesh -- basically all the weird
stuff I could think of, and it seems to be solid. If there is no active
camera, or if some other object is the camera (which can happen), or if
it's an ortho camera, the process gently degrades to using the regular
"Project from View" algo.

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=19862

--
Roland Hess