[Bf-committers] meetings for new developers

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 18 16:24:10 CET 2009

Thumbs up for the meetings too, I'll be there as well.

--- On Wed, 11/18/09, Shaul Kedem <shaul.kedem at gmail.com> wrote:

> people who want to continue going deeper into blender can
> stay around
> blendercoders and learn more, but having a particular day
> and time for
> the information to flow out will be very very good.

Agreed. The point is not to stop people asking questions all the time, it's to give them a time of the month when they can be sure to find people to discuss specific topics.

> two comments:
> - having the meeting 1-2 hours before the weekly will
> result in the
> USA not being able to participate (unless you really really
> want to
> get up at 5am on the west coast) - I suggest having it 2-3
> hours after
> the weekly meeting

The problem is that 2-3 hours after meeting is way too late for people in Asia/Australia.

I don't think we'll be able to find a time slot that fits everyone.

One or two hours before Sunday meeting is good for me.

> - I think that having video in these meetings is a must.
> using a
> service like ustream to show actual code snippets etc. - I
> know some
> will not like to talk during the video feed; we can put
> some nice
> music or something..

Screen captures/streaming would be nice, yes. I wouldn't say a must, but it's worth a try.

As far as recording logs goes, I could do that no problem.

Martin