[Bf-committers] meetings for new developers

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:24:05 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Shaul Kedem <shaul.kedem at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think its a great idea. Having a place for people to ask and learn
> about the guts of blender in a concentrated way will be awsome.
>
> people who want to continue going deeper into blender can stay around
> blendercoders and learn more, but having a particular day and time for
> the information to flow out will be very very good.
>
> two comments:
> - having the meeting 1-2 hours before the weekly will result in the
> USA not being able to participate (unless you really really want to
> get up at 5am on the west coast) - I suggest having it 2-3 hours after
> the weekly meeting
> - I think that having video in these meetings is a must. using a
> service like ustream to show actual code snippets etc. - I know some
> will not like to talk during the video feed; we can put some nice
> music or something..

This reminds me of something I was thinking about for helping newbies
on #blender. You can do a one to many broadcast of your web cam with
vlc. The only bit I have not worked out yet is how to do the desktop
refresh instead of a camera. Then we could teach by giving the student
URL and they could watch our desktop with blender live. This might
work well for teaching new devs too. A picture is worth a 1000 words
and a live movie??

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?