[Bf-committers] meetings for new developers

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 13:05:36 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Nathan Letwory <jesterking at letwory.net> wrote:
> 2009/11/18 Knapp <magick.crow at gmail.com>:
>> This brings up a point that was chatted about on #blender. It would
>> seem that not every blender user knows that #blender exists, how to
>> use it, or the format of communication there.
>>
>> It was said that it would be really good if the blender.org web site
>> and really all other blender web sites had a major area to tell people
>> that this is a good place to come for instant help and that you must
>> wait for at least an hour to get your answer before giving up. And
>> that #blender is a great place for newbies to get great instant help.
>
> You mean like:
> http://www.blender.org/community/chat/
>
> ?
>
> /Nathan

Yes, like that but telling newbies on the features and Gallery page or
the home page that this is a GREAT place to get instant help. I mean
to make it really big and important. Also to tell them to ask and wait
and hour. This is an important point that most newbies to IRC don't
yet understand. Instead of help, maybe it could be called instant live
help.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?