[Bf-committers] Blender 2.5 OpenCollada doesn't import animation?

Arystan Dyussenov arystan.d at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 08:58:00 CET 2009

Hi Erwin,

Yep, that's true. I've started working this in August but did not finish.

Actually skinned animations should be imported (after revision 24311 in
branch and 24313 in trunk), but with wrong values. If I recall correctly,
DAE uses absolute values for bone rotation  keys, while Blender uses values
relative to bone rest pose. This conversion should be doable (by sampling X,
Y, Z rotations at specific frames and converting them to rest-pose relative)
but then curve tangents will be lost which is not a big problem I think.

I'll try and tackle this in the next few weeks.

Arystan