[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes - nodal logic proposal

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Fri Nov 6 17:33:12 CET 2009

Hi :)

> Anyway I know that a lot of folks are excited about the flashy
> features like smoke and SPH fluids, but the object nodes are the best
> news I could have heard all year as a character TD. No matter how you
> move forwards I wish you all the luck. Is there any non-code help you
> need at the moment?

 +1  I agree with you, a fully generic node system in Blender could means
the most revolutionary arquitectural/paradigm change in it. For example,
Houdini (www.sidefx.com) with its fully nodal arquitecture, its
applications easily flood the prediction capacity of its developers,
simply because nodal networks for everything means endless flexibility :)

  Of course, a fully procedural layer for everything in Blender could be
imposible rigth now, but the most important step to be taken is the
design of it, if now that the initial design for the nodal logic is
being made, it aim to be fully generic (like it will be used not only
for the BGE, though in practice is used only for it) it will save in the
future lot of redisign work and will allow easier transition, so thumbs
up! THINK IN BIG now in the design phase, and all the best

                                Farsthary