[Bf-committers] While we're talking about naming conventions...

Wahooney wahooney at wahooney.net
Tue Nov 3 13:04:20 CET 2009

Layers make sense, it's use is very similar to layers in 2D paint
software. And the other 3d software that uses the idea calls them that
too, so you have a level of inter-program consistency.

If any changes should be made to layers it should be that we can have
more of them and/or the ability to name them.

-1 to change name
+1 to add layer names
+1 to add more layers

malefico wrote:
> Agree
>
> -1 for renaming layers
>
> Cheers,
>
> malefico.
>
> jmsoler at free.fr wrote:
>
>> -1 for renaming layers.
>>
>> Selon "Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com" <zanqdo at gmail.com>:
>>

>>> You are kidding right? theres far more usages for Layers than related
>>> to rendering or visibility and shorten it to some meaningless RVG or
>>> what ever is a bad idea. Layers is layers in any 3D software out
>>> there.. nothing wrong with that name
>>>
>>> Daniel Salazar
>>> Cel: (506) 8366 8384
>>> Offi: (506) 2219 0511