[Bf-committers] Updating GLEW

Mitchell Stokes mitchell at daboys4u.com
Tue Nov 3 02:17:11 CET 2009

Hello Blender devs!

I have submitted a patch to the tracker to update the version of GLEW
that Blender is using.

Here is the link to the tracker entry:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=19796&group_id=9&atid=127

Here is the description from the tracker:
"Blender is using a version of GLEW that is over two years old. This
means that newer OpenGL stuff isn't supported (ie,
geometry shaders). So, I have provided a patch that update's Blender's
copy of GLEW to the latest version found here:
http://glew.sourceforge.net/install.html. Things have changed a bit in
GLEW, and I had to define GLEW_STATIC in a few
places to get things to compile and link again. Here are the following
places I've updated (both scons and cmake):

extern/glew
source/blender/editors/space_view3d
source/blender/gpu
source/blender/windowmanager