[Bf-committers] OGRE Integration into BGE 2.5

Erwin Coumans erwin.coumans at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 05:40:45 CET 2009

GameKit is a standalone .blend player, it doesn't replace the built-in BGE.

1) exclusively BSD/MIT/Zlib style license
2) iPhone support, next to Mac, Linux, Windows
3) Irrlicht graphics renderer as well as Ogre (pending 1.7 release, that
will be MIT licensed)

It would be good to add an option in Blender 2.5 to start this external
.blend player when pressing 'P',
(and quickly save a temporarily .blend file)

>>We still need to specify OGRE parameters in Blender. For example what
>>casts shadow and what receives shadow.

Good point. It would be interesting if the Blender 2.5 developers already
considered custom GUI for different game engines.
I think Blender 2.5 will be very customizable and perhaps properties/RNA
could be used for this.

Thanks,
Erwin