[Bf-committers] Idea: deprecate the attribute access for user properties in the BGE

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Tue May 26 17:33:02 CEST 2009

When the dictionary style was first introduced, I found it really odd.
But, the more I used it and thought about it, the better I realized it
was. The biggest thing here is avoiding conflicts. That, and keeping
user defined props separate just seems like a good idea. I would like
to deprecate attribute style access and remove them when the
deprecated methods get removed.

However, this means more work to convert scripts. Also, I don't know
what we can still get in for 2.49, but it would just be adding a
warning...

-Mitchell Stokes (Moguri)