[Bf-committers] Static linux version, drop?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 03:35:23 CEST 2009

Hey Ken,
IMHO +1mb is acceptable to avoid distributing 2 versions of blender,
plus we can easily ask people to compare software and hardware
accelerated OpenGL when they have graphics related problems/crashes -
which are really common in the tracker.

The Mesa library in src/mesa/ is MIT licensed,  GLU (src/glu/mesa) is
GPL so it should be ok, is there any difference from static linking to
including the libs? - both include the lib in blender.

LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE doesn't work for nvidia closed source drivers.

- Campbell