[Bf-committers] Scripting Loop subdivision using the Mesh module

Erno Szabados chromecat77 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 21:18:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

I'm trying to implement Loop subdivision using the Python Mesh module, but I
have encountered some problems.

I calculate the edge midpoints for every triangle and add them to the vertex
list, but I could use some help with:
- how to go about creating the linear subdivision faces.
- how to discover and store neighbor locations for the refine step.

I'd be thankful for any pointers in these topics.

I'd also be glad to help out with (minor) Python-related tasks. I code in C,
and grasped the basics of Python, but I don't have much experience with real
Python projects.

- Erno Szabados