[Bf-committers] I volunteer to maintain the 'deprecated' BGE python methods

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 08:21:42 CEST 2009

@Mitchell, BGE Py API now runs with py3k, though I did this mainly to
make it easier to merge with 2.5 in the future since it only builds
with blenderplayer.

@Erwin, high likely-hood blender2.5 will only support python3, we
could support py2.x and 3.x but its been discussed a few meetings ago
and this would end up being a pain to maintain so better py3.x only

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 6:30 PM,  <blender at erwincoumans.com> wrote:

> I agree, once we switch to Python 3.0, we can ditch those methods.
>
> Will Blender 2.5 use Python 3.0?
> Thanks,
> Erwin
>

> Mitchell Stokes writes:
>
>> I'm in aggreance with most here that we can ditch it. Especially if we
>> move to Py 3.0. This would mean that most if not all the script would
>> break anyways. Furthermore, We'd have to update the get/set methods,
>> and the props to make sure it compiles (and works) with py 3.0. And we
>> will be clearing out a lot of code when we finally remove the
>> deprecated functions, making the code easier to read. I can help you
>> update your test files if that's the only thing keeping you from
>> wanting to get rid of the old api.

- Campbell