[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, sunday may 3 2009

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue May 5 11:02:13 CEST 2009

Hi all,

*** 2.49 RC:

- Several bugs in GE code were tackled, but GE bugs in RC1 prevented
good testing.
- We still need more regression test files, mail links to this list, I
will gather and publish
- Both Benoit and Erwin will do some work still, and would prefer a RC2
build
- Campbell proposes to bundle 2.49 officially with Python 2.6 (except
osx)

Meeting agreed on calling for a 2.49 RC2 this thursday. We'll further
evaluate status of this build next sunday.
Everyone's of course invited to help emptying the bug tracker! :)

*** Script pack

We also discussed Brendon's (meta-androcto) work on collecting Python
scripts.

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?atid=468&group_id=153&func=browse
http://sites.google.com/site/androcto/Home/blender-249-extender-version

He proposed to offer a "script pack" on blender.org, download page,
with all high quality community scripts. People are enthusiast about
it, will come back next meeting. Two side notes for it:

- it should go with a link to good documentation of the scripts
(Brendon agreed)
- the scripts should be GNU GPL compliant (I added this note now, we
can discuss that but it seems to me a fair demand for blender.org
distributed scripts).

*** GSoC

- Chris want points all students and mentors to start up communication
- Officially this is still "getting to know each other" period.
Official start is May 25
- Ton reminded students to first make sure they have the specs for
their project in wiki, especially end-user level documentation to
clearly define what we can expect, and to get useful feedback.

Work already started!
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Yukishiro/
User_Specs_for_Light_Paint

GSoC project links could be collected here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GSoC/2009

Thanks,

-Ton-