[Bf-committers] No Sound in BGE on OSX, Can someone update dep's?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat May 2 05:39:47 CEST 2009

Thanks for the patch, It looks like alut is only used for WAV loading
in blender.
Since alut seems to be less well supported then OpenAL maybe we could
use SDL on all systems?
(then we have one less dependency too)

On mac there is OpenAL support, on windows and linux there is
OpenAL-Soft which is actively maintained, but for alut there is
freealut from creative which is not supported by apple, alure is
actively maintained but not a drop in replacement for alut (but very
similar).

It seems to me your current patch should solve the problem with the
least hassle.
Switching to alure could be good longer term but for 2.49 we really
should have the game engine sound working on OSX and it seems to close
to release to switch libs???.

Any OSX users able to test this patch?

- Campbell