[Bf-committers] GSoC 2009 Refraction and Caustic

xie guofu guofu85 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:38:40 CEST 2009

Hi, Joe,
Thank you for feedback.

>From October 2008, I was focusing on refraction and caustic. I have in-depth
understanding about ideas and implementation of these papers. I found
caustic in Blender is generated through photon mapping by yafaray. In the
project I will implement refraction and caustic in image-space, which have
interactive, even real-time frame rate.

I have time during jun-august. These algorithms have some demos on Wyman web
page.  Now I am reading Blender source code and think how to add these
algorithms.

Thanks
Guofu