[Bf-committers] GSoC 2009 Refraction and Caustic

谢国富 guofu85 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 04:00:46 CEST 2009

Hi, everyone,
My name is Guofu Xie. I am a second year graduate student of Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS). My major is Computer Graphics. My research focuses on rendering (e.g., Shadow, BRDF, Refraction, Caustic, Ray tracing). Currently, there are some papers about refraction and caustic[Wyman et al. 09; Wyman 08]. I want to add these techniques into Blender. Caustic map is an image-space method to render caustics, which is easy to be added into GPU rasterizer.

Would you have any ideas about this?