[Bf-committers] GSOC : OpenGL Rendering Performance improvement in the view port

Mango Jambo moraesjunior at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 16:13:23 CEST 2009

Hi, sorry the interruption, but I couldn't hang myself... :)
How about to improve a way to get more speed in Sculpt Mode high
resolutions? I Think that is one thing that really needs to be improved,
IMHO. Some people told me Zbrush is a kind of 2.5D, and that is why it is
faster then Blender sculpt, because it is like sculpting directly in the
Normal map (since a resolution, may be, something like that) and not in the
mesh. Sculpt Modifier? May be, I don't know. Unfortunately, I'm not a
programmer! But would be great to have it working fast like Zbrush with high
resolutions, right! With mask and specific local resolution on the model.

Cheers

Moraes Junior - aka mangojambo
3D Artist Animator