[Bf-committers] Khronos + Mozilla: 3D on the web

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 29 13:17:19 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Check the third news item on the Khronos site;
http://www.khronos.org/

Or the full link, truncated probably:
http://www.khronos.org/news/press/releases/khronos-launches-initiative-
for-free-standard-for-accelerated-3d-on-web/

Quite a nice initiative right? So, we should ensure Blender gets
involved. :)

Who here on the list would be interested to represent Blender for this
initiative? I guess it's mostly mailing lists, tele-conferences, but
also face-to-face meetings.
Still a lot of the world's technology and standards come from the bay
area around San Fransisco. That's where Mozilla is and several leading
Khronos members are. Someone within travel distance of SF would
definitely be cool.

I'm already in contact with the Khronos management about this topic.
I'll try to get the communication (or even official membership) set up,
but would prefer someone else to take the job to actually get involved.

Thanks,

-Ton-