[Bf-committers] [BGE] Fisheye (Dome) and Spherical Panoramic mode Patch Review, please

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 10:40:29 CEST 2009

Hello all.
I sent a patch to tracker with the fisheye dome + spherical panoramic mode
for BGE.
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=18462&group_id=9&atid=127

This is my first really big patch so it may have some "lame code" :) But
it's compiling, that's what matters :p
Kidding, it probably has some mistakes but in the general I like they way
it's working (not kidding about being my first big feature though).

I commented the code as most as possible. For it's feasible to someone else
to read and understand the code and some of the math behind it.
If someone prefers, I can also explain the code via IRC or skype. Indeed
there is a small "guide" in the tracker too to help navigating through the
code.

You can find some pictures and a recent windows build in Graphicall:
http://www.graphicall.org/builds/builds/showbuild.php?action=show&id=922

You can also get the whole code straight from the branch source:
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/ge_dome

That's all Folks!
I would really like if at least Benoit and Brecht could *please* review
that. What do you think guys?
I think we have enough time to change the code if we need before Blender
2.49, so review, feedback, bug reports are all very welcome.
If you think you are going to be short in time I would at least ask please
to helping me double-checking that it doesn't crash or affect the normal BGE
mode (as I'm sure it doesn't).

And thanks a lot for all the help I'm receiving. Bug fixes (Brecht), code
(Benoit), discussion, orientation, support (#blendercoders, Benoit, Brecht,
Theeth, Ton,...).

Best regards,
Dalai

http://blenderecia.orgfree.com