[Bf-committers] GSOC : OpenGL Rendering Performance improvement in the view port

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 10:44:47 CET 2009

I'm not sure if a such a project is appropriate for SoC, unless the
person already has DerivedMesh experience.  Redoing the drawing code
to use vertex arrays or vbo's is a complex issue, and display lists
might be too easy (and limiting).

Plus, I'd really appreciate it if people stopped adding on to
DerivedMesh, so the amount of work needed to refactor it in the future
(which it badly needs) doesn't increase.

Aditya, great you want to work on this.  Since you mentioned you've
researched different shadow mapping methods, you might want to put
together a proposal for adding that, and maybe a few other things, to
our GLSL code (working on the GLSL code itself is fine).  That would
probably be better.

Joe