[Bf-committers] GSoC 2009 Proposal Draft: Collada Support Improvements For Blender

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Fri Mar 27 16:10:21 CET 2009

>    COLLADA SUPPORT IMPROVEMENTS FOR BLENDER

Hi Chingiz,

Great proposal.  I would only change one thing.

At the beginning you sort of hint that your not set on fcollada, and
say it will need to be determined at the beginning if you should use
fcollada or not.  Then the rest of the proposal is basically saying
that you've already decided fcollada is the way to go.

It sounds to me like your concerned not everyone will agree that
fcollada is the way forward so you put that in the beginning.  I think
you have made a good case for using fcollada, take out the wishy washy
bit and your good to go.  If your still not sure, I think you should
try to make the decision before the project starts and commit to
a game plan.

Nice detail though.  I like this project.

Kent