[Bf-committers] LGM 2009

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 00:29:12 CET 2009

I read some interest on Blender video-editor features on LGM mailing list:
[1]

"I thought this was interesting and would be of interest here; seems that
Blender is becoming very promising as a  video compositor, and
its now possible to created really nice stuff "entirely on Free Software
[with] a $160 dollar Kodak Zi6 portable video fixed lens
recorder." [2] (they are 2 other replies to that there)

I know the video-editor is not a top-priority right now, but LGM looks like
the right place for a discussion about future features. Maybe in contacting
other developers there one could gather some help on
copying/implement/improve features from other video editors to Blender.

It came to my mind because IIIRC Campbell was working in the video editor.
Not sure how hard he is going to push it though. Or if he can get funding
from the guy that is(was?) hiring him to go there to eat some Poutine :)

Just a thought ...

cheers,
Dalai

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/create@lists.freedesktop.org/msg01321.html