[Bf-committers] GSOC : OpenGL Rendering Performance improvement in the view port

Aditya Vishwakarma adi.vishwakarma at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 21:14:26 CET 2009

Hi,

I am Aditya Vishwakarma, a student at NSIT, Delhi.

I am willing to work on project "OpenGL Rendering Performance improvement in
the viewport." Whose description says "Blender currently uses immediate mode
for rendering, while vertex arrays, VBO's and display lists could
dramatically improve performance."

I have done research work on improving shadowing techniques ( shadow mapping
) and hence have a fair understanding of OpenGL and GLSL. I am willing to
apply my knowledge to above idea.

If someone could please provide me the details of the above mentioned
projected.

Thanking you
Aditya Vishwakarma