[Bf-committers] GE object instances Id?

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 17:38:03 CET 2009

>I solved it by letting the objects register themselves at game start
>with a init script and choose a unique name for them.

What is not possible anymore since the name attribute is read-only now.
Campbell, do we really need the names to be read-only?
I always thought renaming is easier them dealing with IDs.
Or one of your other ideas (
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1328760&postcount=45 ).

my 2cents

Dalai