[Bf-committers] IRC meeting notes, March 15 2009

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 15 18:06:47 CET 2009

* Current projects

- Ffmpg: Benoit proposals to upgrade our svn with the stable ffmpg
release, apply our patches, and use that in 2.49 and later releases.
(The patch = MMX optimization for the BGR32 pixel format).

- Benoit also works on GE scene graph optimization, octree
accelleration and later works on LOD system. It's going to be in a
branch, and most likely no 2.49 target.

* 2.5 progress

- Please check on the wintercamp results for UI design and work;
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/BlenderDev/Blender2.5/WinterCamp
Especially the big picture should be considered 'approved' as soon as
possible, so we can move on with work. Unless big discussion topics pop
on, we'll define this topic closed before end of month.

- Widget sets are being defined, also default styles and how to extend
with themes. (bf-taskforce list, wiki)

- Brecht: first layout engine code in svn. Check object buttons!

- Ton: will start coding a new drawing construction set for button
using textures/pixelmaps, and redefine usage of themes here.

- Todo: make task list(s) for everyone to pick tasks from

* 2.49 status

- Martin will add Etch-a-ton in trunk
   http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Theeth/etch-a-ton

- GE API update still in progress, several logic bricks have to be done
still, and some bug fixes

- Bug tracker also still needs attention btw :)

- No decision on when yet, will come back on next week's agenda.

-Ton-