[Bf-committers] GE object instances Id?

Natanael Olaiz nolaiz at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 19:08:40 CET 2009

Hi,

I have a question about the Game Engine: there is a way to identify
between different objects of the same type?

I'm trying to use a script controller on YoFrankie!, that needs to
identify the different instances of characters (rig_ram / rig_sheep /
rig_rat /...), but all the instances give me the same name with
getOwner().name.

I just found the getPhysicsId() method, but varies every time I run the GE.

There is a way to identify them?

BTW, I don't know if this is the proper list to ask this question. If
not, please tell me where I have to ask...

Thanks in advance,
Natanael.