[Bf-committers] 64 bit blender on irix

Stefan Gartner stefang at aon.at
Thu Mar 12 03:05:41 CET 2009

Hi all,

Good news from the Irix front: I managed to compile blender on irix as a 64
bit binary with gcc.
However, it suffers from a few issues:
- the makefiles for openjpeg seem to be broken: "gmake clean" doesn't remove
any previously built object files.
- it needs $PYTHONHOME to be set for some reason, otherwise it will not show
the gui at all (it doesn't matter what you set it to) - I have to invesigate
this further.
-  most ironically, it crashes when trying to load a file created on a 64bit
little-endian platform (like amd64), this includes the default .B.blend. I
somehow expected this, as this also happens with the 32bit version.

I've commited the 64bit libraries to svn, Makefiles will follow soon.

cheers,
sgefant

PS to tbaldrige: I accidentally commited a new 32bit version of SDL for Irix
(compiled with gcc), If this is any problem, feel free to revert to the
previous version.