[Bf-committers] Blender Command Port (BLASH) Integration

Peter vmail at mycircuit.org
Wed Mar 11 15:47:04 CET 2009

Hi
Thanks a lot for your consideration of this proposal concerning the
command port.

>>> For 2.5 we aim at having an integrated console, allowing type in
>>> python
>>> commands directly to operate on Blender data. This should give similar
>>> functionality without the hassle of installs.
In fact, having an integrated console would certainly be great, although
a server function ( i.e. remote control over the network ) remains an
interesting feature in my opinion,
since it would allow people to choose their favorite editor. Dietrichs
emacs solution is great, but  people could also  write pyhton scripts
for example with Komodo ( Active State )
since Komodo also allows for remote connection to a server.

vmail