[Bf-committers] Blender Command Port (BLASH) Integration

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Tue Mar 10 15:36:47 CET 2009

Hi,

Once the built-in console works as expected, exporting the
functionality to external clients is probably relatively easy, with as
benefit that the functionality is supported and maintained inside
Blender by default. :)

Having external texteditors syncing with Blender well, or image
viewers, paint programs, file browsers, or even modelers... all such
issues have been popping up more often. It has not been included as a
design spec for 2.5, although I expect it's all possible much nicer
than before. Someone who really knows how such 'remote control' should
work best, and of course the Verse department, could check the current
2.5 designs and advise on possible pitfalls or improvements?

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands