[Bf-committers] Newbie

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Tue Mar 10 09:30:58 CET 2009

> > what about helping us out with the BGE api cleanup? (
> >
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/GameEngine/Python_API_Cle
> > an_Up
> > )
> >

> Great! I saw that page before and trunk log is full of it.
> what should I do?

First register yourself at http://projects.blender.org/ and look at this
patch:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=18102&group_id=9&at
id=306

You will see many patch files attached that contain the work done so
far. Look at them, you will see the kind of modifications to do. You
don't have to do much C++, mainly play with macros and maybe write a few
static check functions.
In the wiki page
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/GameEngine/Python_API_Clean
_Up, you can see what logic brick still need to be done. We are 3
persons involved in this cleanup, myself (ben2610), cyborg_ar and
moguri. We're often available on the #blendercoders irc channels. Join
us there and ask questions to one of us if get you stuck. Make sure that
you don't work on something that somebody else is already working on.
When you have a patch available for a new logc brick add it to the patch
tracker and I will review it.

Make sure your follow these guidelines to create your patches, otherwise
they will be difficult to merge:
http://www.blender.org/development/submit-a-patch/

Benoit