[Bf-committers] From Farsthary new plans

echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu echelon at infomail.upr.edu.cu
Wed Mar 4 22:16:56 CET 2009

Hi all :)

  Recently Radiance from Luxrender (http://www.luxrender.net/) have
contacted me in order to join efforts to bring Luxrender into blender.
Since all the core developers have different goals (are more focused on
animation suited engines) or have very little time to work on the
integration of Luxrender with Blender I think I will do my best to join
to the project to bring Luxrender inside Blender.
  I especially liked the elegance of Monte Carlo methods and unbiased
renderings with its unmatched simplicity and realism (that we have to
pay in render times :) but I think that if Blender along with an
animation suited render have also a reference,physically based,unbiased
render engine the final software simply will be amazing since it will
suit many users needs.
  I started the path tracer project in Blender mainly as a learning
framework and the main goal was not the official integration since I
know that such a project typically will require lots of man/years to end
up with something at blender integration level but rather I continue
with it in order to ease the pain on future implementations that will be
a matter of time before one of the excellent renderers floating in the
web land up in Blender, I just don´t thought it will happen so fast :)
 Once Radiance offer me to join efforts it simply will save me a lot of
years and integrating Luxrender into Blender will bring them the
necessary critical mass to stand in time. I think is a symbiosis where
everyone will win :)
 Now that thanks to the comunity I have the PBRT book that is the roots of
Luxrender and many renderers, I will enter in a learning phase in order
to be useful as soon as I can and instead of reinvent the wheel with my
first path tracer I will then strive in the integration of Luxrender into
Blender
  I´m very interested in rendering technologies and this is an excelent
oportunity to me :) Luxrender team is very experienced/talented on that
and are making things with an incredible quality level so join them with
Blender family is simply amazing!

     Off course, I will continue my projects in Blender and have plans for
even more if God and life allows me that, I´m just making public my
next move after I return from a little vacation that I´m having with
Blendiac and his Whife, two excelent Blender friends that came to
Cuba and has bring me support from the community :)

  I could not make promess yet, because a lot of things could happen along
the road but as I always said what I do could sure you is my interest I
put on that :)
             Hope those are good news for you, check the impressive
gallery of Luxrender :)

               Raul fernandez Hernandez (Farsthary)