[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [21251] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender: 2.5 file browser

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 12:25:13 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Pablo Vazquez - www.venomgfx.com.ar <
venomgfx at gmail.com> wrote:

> > * remove '.' and '..' from file browser list. sigh!
>
> Is this really a design issue? :(
> I can get used to the hotkeys for it but at least the ".." was a quick
> access and a visual help to understand Relative Paths.
>
> I don't see any harm on keeping them, but maybe is a design issue?, is
> much faster to have this on top of the files list than all the way
> down on the header, IMHO, specially now that the File Browser opens
> fullscreen by default (btw is this going to be user preference? :)

+ 1.

'..' was really quite a neat entry to have ('.' I never saw any use for
though, it was something like refresh dir?)
Although most windows users probably don't know what it is, since they don't
generally go near consoles with a barge-pole, knowing what this means in
terms of filesystems is really quite handy. Having seen this in the old
filebrowser, I've ended up using this a lot these days when testing fresh
builds :)