[Bf-committers] x- and y-parts

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 09:08:02 CEST 2009

BTW, I have code in the DSM branch for efficiently figuring out which
faces are in which tiles (bucketing, essentially, the current method
of going over every single face/strand for every single tile is way
too slow for small tile sizes, and DSM needed small tile sizes).  It
really does help quite a bit, though I had to plug it into my tiling
disk cache to handle extreme cases (like fur) that might take a lot of
RAM.  But if we do end up with using a small tile size, I think it'd
be necessary to use something like this code.

Joe